Re: VSCDA rule on Nylock nuts

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VSCDA rule on Nylock nuts
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:57:51 EST
In a message dated 2/18/01 5:27:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wsthompson@thicko.com writes:

> Hmmm... kind of like that year at the XXXX spring race at Road America,
> where they  were so concerned about pinholes in firewalls, and I watched
> them pass a race car through tech with no seat belts...

Or like Laguna - one year it was one thing, the next year something else - it
got so I was l almost tempted to phone before going to see what they were
obsessing about that particular year so I could fix it in advance.

One year someone must have lost a knockoff spinner and wheel, because when I
showed up everyone had to somehow (with no advance warning) figure out how to
lockwire their spinners on (as if that would do any good anyway).  I
dutifully wrapped some lockwire around my spinners and then through the holes
in the wheels. Of course as soon as we were on the track they all came loose,
and whipped the shit out of the paint around the wheelwell before departing
for parts unknown, leaving bits of wire all over the course, which were
fortunately fairly harmless.

I think another year was securing gas caps, and I can't think what the
various other annual 'bees in bonnets' were - anyone remember?

Bill Spohn