Re: VSCDA rule on Nylock nuts

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VSCDA rule on Nylock nuts
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:19:34 EST
In a message dated 2/18/01 7:59:51 AM Pacific Standard Time, WSpohn4@aol.com
writes:

<<
 I think another year was securing gas caps, and I can't think what the
 various other annual 'bees in bonnets' were - anyone remember?

One time, shortly after we were first required to have fuel cells (about
1986) I had a Monza style flip top filler that didn't go anywhere on my Mini.
Actually I had one on each side because Cooper -S Minis had twin tanks. The
fuel cell replaced both and was filled by opening the trunk.

I was told at tech that I would have to remove the Monza caps, even though
they were purely decorative. We finally resolved the issue by zip tying them
shut. The tech guy said even though there was no longer a risk of fuel
getting out, they still could somehow get open and "distract another driver"

Jack Woehrle