VDCA Revised Tire Rules

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: VDCA Revised Tire Rules
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:56:07 EST
    I am posting this to the list to get the word out to everyone who might
be affected by these changes.
    VDCA's tire rules are revised as follows:

    1)  The use of the 13" Hoosier A70 TD is approved for all production
groups ("Small  Displacement", "Production Cars" & "Trans-Am")
    2)  The use of the 14" Kumho V700 in the 185/60 series size is approved
for all     production groups.
All other approved tires are listed in the "Tire rules" section on the VDCA
website.

    These changes are effective immediately and the above tires can be used
at the upcoming event at Carolina Motorsports Park (Kershaw, SC) March 9-11.
    Results from last season demonstrated that the Hoosier tire was not
significantly faster than other tires on VDCA's approved list.  Small
Displacement cars ran as fast or faster  using the 175/70 series street
radials allowed last year.  Since the Hoosiers do not give an advantage and
many competitors still prefer them, we saw no reason to continue to exclude
them.
    The addition of the Kumho's fills a gap for cars with 14" wheels that had
very limited tire choices last season.

    Doug Meis - Small Displacement Group rep.