Re safety

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re safety
From: VEENET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:57:08 EST
Who said he hit the steering wheel.  There were no marks on his face from
what I heard.  I thought it was just the sudden stop,  seat belts in tact,
that killed him.'
Don
The day after the race I heard the doctor who was at the wreck say Earnhardt
had severe facial injurys. And since then there have been several reports by
the same doc that Earnhardt had hit the steering wheel  with his chin, which
fractured his skull and also had a broken sternum and ribs.
He definatly hit the wheel and the reason is beccause something caused the
left lap belt to fail.
J. B.