Re: Helmets

To: Jeremy Fergusson <ferguss@philly.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Helmets
From: Grant Reynolds <grant62@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:57:21 -0500
Jeremy Fergusson wrote:

> Try:
>
> www.racerswholesale.com
>
> I bought a helmet from them in September and the Snell 95's were selling at a
> good discount. The new helmet are fairly priced also.
>
> Jeremy Fergusson
>
> WMW79@aol.com wrote:
>
> > My Snell 90 helmets are out of date this year- Does anyone know where to get
> > the best deals on new ones?
> > Bill W. #79 Genie
A 95 helmet will be obsolete in 4 years. The 2000's are better anyway.
Can't think of much worse piece of equipment to purchase already
obsolete. Of course, you if your Genie is a V-8 you need a top of the
line helmet, not a bargain. If it's BMC engined, then the slower speed
and short races mean you don't really need Kevlar. I just replaced my 90
Bell Sport II(fiberglass, but very well made) with a 2000 and was very
impressed with the difference. I gave theold one to the local SCCA
Regions autocross program.
Grant Reynolds