Re: Honesty....Clark

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Honesty....Clark
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:36:06 -0800
Just adding my $0.02. To date, Jim Clark is the only driver to win the
F1 championship and the Indy 500 in the same year. Mario did both, but
in different years. Clark spanned the transition from front-engine to
mid-engine layouts in formula cars. His semi-reclining position paved
the way for all formula car drivers since.