Re: Triumph aluminum hubs

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Triumph aluminum hubs
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:33:28 EST
In a message dated 2/28/01 7:18:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

<<
 > Keep the vintage in vintage racing and leave it period corect no aluminum
 > hubs
 >   crazy PETE

Piet,

These hubs will save cars and possibly lives. I know you well enough to think
you might reconsider what you think about it.

The original hubs on these cars are not safe now and they probably never
were. The correct aluminum alloy is much stronger and not much lighter. At
our level, any weight saved here is more than offset by too many beers and
burgers.

There is a place for originality and a place for smart use of current
materials and engineering. Your Merc is a work of art. Still, is your work
compromised in any way by a TR4 with aluminum hubs? or a Ford rear end?

With all the talk about HANS devices and Kevlar helmets, why not work toward
keeping the cars on 4 wheels and out of the wall?

Jack Woehrle