RE: Greatest Events???

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Greatest Events???
From: John Rosevear <jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:07:04 -0500
Actually, I knew a few drag racers once upon a time.  Far from being
WWFesque nonsense (see NASCAR for that), it has an interesting, almost zen
flavor to it.  Almost like surfing -- forever searching for the perfect run.
Not my motorsports cup of tea but there is definitely more subtlety to it
than is apparent at first glance.

I also plead guilty to being amused by 4000 hp nitro-burning Chrysler
Hemis...

Regards,
John Rosevear

ps:  Shouldn't the "greatest" drag racing event by definition be in
California, where the whole sport started?

pps:  The USGP isn't the "greatest event of its kind".  I'd nominate Spa for
the track or Monza for the atmosphere.  And yeah, I was at Indy last
September.  It was fun, but it wasn't Monza.  Or Spa.  Or Silverstone, for
that matter.  Tony's gotta do a lot of work on that infield before the Indy
road course can hope to compete with the classics.  IMHO they should have
found a way to run it at the Glen, but nobody asked me.