Re: Greatest Events???

To: S800Racer@aol.com, jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com,
Subject: Re: Greatest Events???
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:08:24 EST
In a message dated 2/28/01 12:58:27 PM US Eastern Standard Time, S800Racer
writes:

> << No City in the history of racing has ever hosted the four greatest events
> of
> their kind,
> as we do here with the Indianapolis 500, the US Grand Prix, the Brickyard
> 400
> and the NHRA US Nationals. >>
>
>     I won't argue that this constitutes an amazing spectrum of top-rung
> motorsports events but the folks in Monaco and Daytona might take issue
> with your statement.

As a longtime practitioner of the advertising arts, I have mastered the art
of weaseled language.  The USGP is a US event and thus cannot be compared to
Monaco.  The Brickyard 400 pays more than Daytona and thus is the greatest
event of its kind--  high purse NASCAR racing.  I won't dispute that Monaco
and Daytona are tops for European F1 and NASCAR crowd pleasing, respectively.
 Please, let us have a little hyperbole here in Indy, also the Capital of
Amateur Sports.
tom

The Easley Vintage Grand Prix
IRP, October 6-7, 2001
Proceeds to the American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative communications
765.886.5098