RE: Clear Communication

To: Mike.Savin@nokia.com, "Jim Hill (E-mail)" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: RE: Clear Communication
From: "Oker, William" <OkerWR@navair.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:21:06 -0800
Hi Mike,

I assume you're referring to the book that Jim Hill pointed out, "American
Sports Car Racing in the 1950's". No, but, I seem to remember seeing this
book at a booth at the Coronado races a couple of years ago. I leafed though
it and checked the index. It had a lot of great stuff in it but not much
coverage of West Coast racing. I don't recall seeing mom and dad in it, but
It may well be the same photo that I have framed at the house that show's
dad in the DBR2 just after winning the main event at Riverside in July of
1958. (which was almost exactly to the day, 30 years prior to the "Last Lap
of Riverside" ceremony which I attended!) Mom is standing next to him and my
friend Rob Payton and me are off to the right in the background! Got to
check this out!

BTW, this win made the LA Times. I have a clipping of it. The headline in
the sports section was, "OKER WINS RIVERSIDE"...

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I will check this out. From your email address I gather
that you're in education in Wisconsin. At the University? My wife is from
Saint Paul and has relatives all over Wisconsin and Minnesota (maiden name
is Anderson).

Thanks again,

Bill Oker