Re: Helmets amd Driving Gear

To: Murray Taylor <murryt@home.com>
Subject: Re: Helmets amd Driving Gear
From: Ross Fosbender <rossf@interaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:30:52 -0600
Rupert was located in a small building next to Palwaukee Airport NW of
Chicago.  The people there were very nice to a dumb novice when I got my
first set of belts rewebbed there in the mid-60s.

Also, haven't heard anyone mention Sala Sport driver suits.  They were
the ones you had to cake with borax to pass Tech.  Yech!  I still have
the SCONA suit that replaced it [tho it seems to have shrunk a lot ;-)].
That company didn't stay in business too long, but their suits were sure
a heck of an improvement over the salty ones, tho very thin by today's
standards.

I also recall buying several sets of Nomex undies from Warshawsky & Co.
(J.C. Whitney).  They were very good.  In fact, I think I still have one
set as back-ups in my kit [but they've shrunk a lot, too].

RossFos