RE FLYING RACE CARS

To: "'vintage-race@autox.team.net'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE FLYING RACE CARS
From: "McNaughton, W.J." <WJMcNaughton@SmithLyons.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:16:27 -0500
 I seem to recall the first real flying Can-Am was a Sadler at Mosport that
became airborne when it crested the hill on the backstraight(stopped as a
pile of junk in a big dustcloud at the marshalls flag station at corner 8)
and the first aerobatic flying Can-Am was Hugh Dibley in a Brabham (I think)
who did a back flip at St Jovite. Spoiler tabs on the noses and tails
followed shortly thereafter with wings and downforce bodies a couple of
years later.

 Bill McNaughton  who since he saw the first one I guess is really showing
how young he was when he started marshalling.