Re: VMC

To: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: VMC
From: Grant Reynolds <grant62@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 19:25:05 -0400
Peter L. Krause wrote:

> Thanks Dick and Lee for bringing this discussion to the fore.
> I think all members of all member clubs (to VMC) would be proud of the work
> that occurs on their behalf at VMC meetings. I can say that after attending
> several meetings seven or eight years ago, the VMC has matured much as we
> ourselves have. There is good, substantive debate that benefits everyone,
> even those who just "show up" at events, all because of the germination of
> ideas put forth in these collective meetings by the representatives of
> member clubs. More later.
> -Peter
I never doubted that VMC meetingw are worth while. But why isn't there
some regular dissemination of information, by email, internet, or
article written for the few club newsletters, that tell the rest of us
what is up? In the East much of our racing is with SVRA and HSR, which
are businesses rather than clubs. Their publications have very little
information in them other than items about their next race. We certainly
don't have regular membership meetings where our representatives can
tell us what is going on!
Grant Reynolds