Re: 13/13 and 7/10/ New Classes For Vintage Racing

To: Mike Rosen <mikerosen@home.com>
Subject: Re: 13/13 and 7/10/ New Classes For Vintage Racing
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 22:05:09 -0400
Mike Rosen wrote:
> Ahhh, the great conundrum of vintage racing.... you love your 750cc Tinymobile
> but there's almost nobody around to race with, let alone that you're worried
> about being pushed off the track by by the 4L Morepower that someone in your
> club just bought

No problem, Mike. I've come up with a whole new set of classes for
vintage racing that will satisfy 99 44/100 % of all vintage drivers.
Take a look at these:

New Classes For Vintage Racing:

BB: Big Bucks, Cars worth more than $100K driven by drivers worth
millions. No driver is allowed to tow car to track or work on it.
Drivers suits by Armani. Must be faster than 2 min at Lime Rock or
moves to SAC class.

QH: Questionable History, Cars where at least two chassis in the world
have the same serial number or were found in a barn in some inaccessible
location with no history.

SSS: Sort-of Showroom Stock, if showroom stock in the 60s included
Carillo Rods, J+E or Cosworth Pistons, billet cranks, etc.

SAC: Slow as Christmas: Includes all cars that lap Lime Rock in over 2
minutes in spite of exhaust noise exceeding 110 dB.

FC: Formula Conceited, for open wheeled cars whose drivers are convinced
they are Stirling Moss, Jimmy Clark, or such.

DD: Demolition Derby, reserved for all drivers on probation or who have
been suspended and pay off an official.

TAS: Tiny Ass Specials, Cars that weigh less than a Corvette or Mustang
engine and were built by hand tools using techniques shown on "This Old
House"

You have my permission to use these at the next event!

Jim <g>