Re: Lime Rock vintage snowmobile races?

To: <Jhalfdime@aol.com>, <dthompson@gbc.ca>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lime Rock vintage snowmobile races?
From: "Susan" <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:53:57 -0400
I live near Lime Rock (20 minutes, 15 miles) There is about 6 inches of snow
on the grass and unplowed areas. Patches of brown dirt, grass are starting
to come out. Lots of MUD. There are 3-4 foot snow drifts and plowed mounds.
I saw a Porsche on a trailer coming from the track Saturday (PCA events
traditionally start in March). The track seen from the road looks clear
(black pavement) but there is a lot of snow in the paddock. Rob Bettigole
called me today - the event is ON as far as he is concerned. The temps have
struggled to reach 40F for weeks, but I understand a warmup is on the way.
Course that's what they said last month!
We'll see....
Susan @ Alfas