Forwarded note: Good Will

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded note: Good Will
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:00:59 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than vintage-race@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

   From: Mike.Savin@nokia.com
   Subject: Good Will
   Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:00:00 -0500

Clark:

        I'm positive you've done permanent damage, Clark.
She will never be the same again.  In my book, that's good.

        I was involved in many aspects of motor sport before
my divorce in 1984.  My daughter Mandy was 7 at that time.

        I would be working outside on a track roadster I was
building at the time, and Mandy would climb into the Formula
car I had sitting on the driveway.  She had a strong interest
in the cars and motorcycles.   She loved the Corvette convertible
that I drove at about that time.  That car always gave me pleasure
just to walk out in the morning to see it there waiting for me --
those lucious curves (it was a '73 with 454 engine and 4-speed,
by the way).  My daughter once told me that the first thing she
did in the morning was to look out her bedroom window to
admire that car, too.

        My ex had prohibited me from ever letting Mandy ride
on my motorcycles (before the divorce).  My ex had enjoyed
riding with me occassionally (back of a Triumph 650) when
we dated and after.  With the birth of a child, however, she
felt very differently.

        My daughter has always shown an interest in motorcycles.
My ex and her new husband took her to Ireland several times,
where she was allowed first to ride with guys, later she learned
to ride herself.  She's quite a girl.  Pretty, sweet, feminine, and
loves fast cars, bikes, too.

        I've taken her to vintage car races, hot rod meets, etc.
Something more about her, by the way:  she loves fishing.  From
the time she was very young, I've taken her camping and fishing.
I've never seen anything like the way she could become instantly
awake when I came for her early in the morning for a fishing trip.
She certainly did not wake up that quickly at any other time.

        Clark:  I felt I could (and it was my duty to) introduce her
to things that my wife never would.  My ex had many interests
too -- and I knew Mandy would get the benefit of her exposing
her to art, the theater, etc.

        I think you are doing just fine.  Keep on loving that little
girl and keep her around you as much as you can.

        -- Mike