Re: MGB's and HSR

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB's and HSR
From: "Peter Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:14:47 -0400
I have to second Joe's observation. The MGB's that race with the 356's
(although in a different class, 2H instead of 2J) in the same group acquit
themselves quite well against the "Panzers." Jay Pellegrini is the quickest
of the bunch in Logan Blackburn's old National Championship car (period
correct in anybodies book), Doug Campbell, Ken Dula, Jack Donaldson and
others all go quite well.

Getting back to the issue at hand, however, it is possible to build a car to
SVRA specs and not only be eligible and "period correct" for the strictest
group (VDCA) but also race and win in it's class in HSR, SVRA and VDCA.
I've been doing that for six years with the ubiquitous Fiat 124 :-)

-Peter

Already have 7 Bugatti's coming to VIR for VSCCA Governor's Cup May 5-6. See
www.krauseandengland.com for more info on the Governor's Cup! See
www.virclub.com for participant info and entry forms on the 2001 Homecoming
featuring The Gold Cup Historic Races. HSR 356's welcome! VDCA Elvas
welcome! SVRA Group 6 AND Group 8 welcome! We don't discriminate!