Re: Devin Car

To: cdoerge@bellatlantic.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Devin Car
From: AMQJR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:58:29 EDT
I looked at the project car photos and do not believe that Bill Devin ever
built the car. He never discussed anything like it, and although many of his
kit bodies were used to make all sorts of specials, and he did indeed have
sizes to fit a corvette as well as almost everything else, I do not know of
his building one himself. The ad says that it is a corvette chassis and then
it is a Healey! The Devin SS was listed as  a Devin Corvette in the LA Grand
Prix and was the prototype with the Jaguar engine replaced with the Vette. I
am in the process of restoring the prototype. There are lots of specials out
there with Devin bodies and V8 engines, but only 12 or 15 real SS cars. The
wide bodied car that is referred to in the advert really has nothing to do
with Devin except the fiberglass body.  Alex Quattlebaum