Lime Rock and Watkins Glen back-to-back weekends

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock and Watkins Glen back-to-back weekends
From: "Peter Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:51:24 -0400
What a great pair of events for the hardcore racer! For years I went to both
events (until I realized I had to do some work to pay for all of this
stuff!) and it was terrific! I still think Lime Rock Labor Day is on the
"must do" list. This year, the VSCCA and SVRA, assisted by the helpful
intervention of long-time Lime Rock impressario Mike Rand, worked out a
shared deal for the Labor Day event that will be a "win-win" for everyone!
Both clubs complement each other, read Art Eastman's fine column testifying
to SVRA's improved "clarity of vision" in the most recent Classics section
of Speedvision.com. Everyone I know is excited about the prospect of that
event being one of the highlights of the vintage racing calendar, as it has
been in the past. We just locked up the last three rooms in nearby Sharon to
house our crew as we expect to take berween half a dozen and a dozen cars up
from North Carolina for that event. Hope to see everyone up there!

-Peter Krause (still thrashing away getting ready for VDCA VIR!)