Fwd: Spriget Question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Spriget Question
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:07:36 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/01 8:03:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, RodsINTOMG
writes:

<<
 Listers,

 Things seem a little slow on the puter so I thought I would throw out this
question to the lists and see what the racers come up with.  I have a 1966 AH
Sprite.  The stock front springs are shot and need to be replaced.  The car
sits too high in the front and the springs are too soft and the whole front
end seems to sort of wallow.  The car is a daily driver not a race car, but I
know that I can make it handle by changing the front springs and adding a
sway bar and bushings.

 Moss Motors offers 400lbs springs with a 1" drop.  I thought I would change
to these and include a 3/4" sway bar with aluminum mountings, and polyurthane
bushings.

 In the opinion of the spriget experts, will all this make the car too stiff
to drive to work as my daily commuter?  Your thoughts please?

 Rod Schweiger

#119 MGB