Weber question, Sprite cam

Subject: Weber question, Sprite cam
From: "Rick Cook" <rccook16@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:30:45 -0400
All you Weber gurus. I've changed chokes from 33 to 35 on my 1500 Lotus
seven (2-40DCOE's) and am having a time getting the thing to idle worth a
damn. Chokes were a tight fit, checked the floats, fuel pressure,  checked
for air leaks, changed mains till I'm going nuts. Idle jets are the same F9
(fairly rich) but idle mixture screws work right. I've run it down the road
once and it pulled good at speed, but it will bog down while idling till it
quits. Acts like it's flooding but what would cause this by changing to
bigger chokes?

Second question: Anybody know how to find out what degree to time a A series
cam which I got from Dave Taber (Comptune) years ago? My memory is 106
degrees from TDC on the 1 intake but I don't trust my memory. The numbers on
the cam are BJ 295 17E73. I understand Dave's son has gone out of business
and I never knew where he got the cams.