Re: no attachments in any messages

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no attachments in any messages
From: Roger Garnett <rwg@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:47:37 -0400
At 09:05 PM 6/11/01, Mike Cobine wrote:
>Am I the only one that isn't getting any of these attachments?  I keep
>getting the following message instead.
>
>[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which
>had a name of AMB timers.doc]

There are several reasons for no attachments on Team.net lists - they include

-size of message - some folks have limited size mailboxes, which start
bouncing when they get full. Others on modems don't appreciate waiting for
an hour to get their email.

-less problems with mail volume & disk space for our Volunteer list
administrator (Thanks Mark) to deal with.

-problems for users systems which don't understand attachments - less of a
problem than it used to be, but the next one makes up for it-

-All of those virus attachments you've ever got did NOT come from team.net,
and won't spread to everyone on the team.net lists.

You can use the Team.Net FTP server to exchange photos (Remember FTP?), put
them on a web page, or send them directly. Info on using the team.net FTP
sites can be found, of all places, at www.team.net.

rg
Roger Garnett  rwg@autox.team.net
Team.Net WebMaster   http://www.team.net