Choices!

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choices!
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:42:31 -0400
I have narrowed my search for a race car to the choice of either a Turner or
an Elva Courier.  Each has similar rationale for my selecting it - both are
limited production, tube-framed, BMC powered, fiberglass-bodied, built early
enough ( pre-1/1/60) to qualify for VSCCA and have a loyal following.  But,
I have a question that some on this digest may be able to answer.

My question for you Digesters is this - given equal preparation and driver
skill, which car is faster?  I've looked through some issues of Victory Lane
& where they run in the same race groups, they each seem to beat the other
an equal number of times.  And, lap times seem pretty similar.

So, if those of you with experience in either or both of these cars can give
me an objective view, I would appreciate it.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB #477