RE: Looking for Ray Hepinstal (spelling no doubt incorrect)

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>, <timos@microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for Ray Hepinstal (spelling no doubt incorrect)
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:03:07 -0400
Well, after all this and now that you've found Heppy, are you going to let us
in on what the car is you've bought? Will we get to see it raced?

I was so lucky to find Keith Hall a few months after I bought my Lotus Eleven.
We knew some of the history of the car almost immediately, as it came with
it's 1959 tax disc, verifying the registration 4DTN. Then Keith was kind
enough to loan his color home movies and found a scrap of old aluminum with
the original color. After that kind of help, I couldn't not paint it that
color, and that is why 4DTN is the off light green that it is. Many people
have looked at it in the paddock and thought it a poor attempt at BRG, but the
actual color was quite intentional. Researching history of our toys is a great
part of the fun.

Roger

>>> "Tim Osborne" <timos@microsoft.com> 06/28/01 01:41AM >>>
Thanks to all for the tips - I located "Heppy" and had a very
illuminating and entertaining conversation with him.  An amazing fellow
with boatloads of real race historical knowledge, from actually being
there in the trenches.

tim