RE: TR-3A: Skid pad oil starvation question

To: "'John Cowan'" <jfcowan@pacbell.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: TR-3A: Skid pad oil starvation question
From: "Roettjer, Phil" <Phil_Roettjer@maxtor.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 06:16:57 -0700
John,
If the circle is tight enough I don't think you will develop high enough
speeds for it to be a problem. Also in addition to just increasing the speed
to see which set of tires break loose, increase speed until the circle
begins to widen. They let up on the gas. If the car immediately turns into
the center (this is all while holding the steering wheel in a fixed
position) it has an under steer tendency. If when you let up on the gas the
tail starts to come around it has an over steer tendency.

Anyway it is a lot of fun to check out.
Regards,
Phil