Re: TR-3A: Skid pad oil starvation question

To: Phil_Roettjer@maxtor.com, jfcowan@pacbell.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-3A: Skid pad oil starvation question
From: WMW79@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:01:31 EDT
In a message dated 9/6/01 6:23:18 AM, Phil_Roettjer@maxtor.com writes:

<< If the circle is tight enough I don't think you will develop high enough
speeds for it to be a problem. Also in addition to just increasing >>

I feel compelled to invoke a little physics here. The acceleration of a body
travelling in an arc is the velocity squared divided by the radius of
curvature. Force equals mass times acceleration.  Thus the same force can be
developed at low speeds if the radius is small enough. It is the force
related to acceleration and the mass of the oil that moves the oil away from
the pick up.

Bill