Re: Classic car insurance

To: "Scott McClung" <scott.mcclung@ubicom.com>
Subject: Re: Classic car insurance
From: "Susan Salsburg" <old_cat@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:49:12 -0400
I have the same problem with my 61 Jag MKII. I drive it every day & put at
least 12,000 miles per year. Needless to  say the classic insurance
companies think I'm  nuts. The problem here in NJ is that if you have
classic coverage & have an accident at 2AM on a Wednesday,not only aren't
you covered but NJ considers it  fraud & you're deemed to be driving without
valid insurance. Not worth the risk. I have Ohio Casualty with an agreed
value of $10,000 with just photos, no appraisal; more & you need a licensed
appraiser. Not perfect, but when I had an engine fire at work, they paid in
full & didn't drop me from coverage or raise the rates.  Sue