Re: Classic car insurance

To: Scott McClung <scott.mcclung@ubicom.com>
Subject: Re: Classic car insurance
From: classic <classic@iaw.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:13:37 -0400
If you are in the USA, you may wish to contact Haggerty
Insurance in Michigan. They have provided good stated value
insurance coverage for at least one high end vintage race
car that I have been involved with.

Haggerty can be found on the internet.

Jim

Scott McClung wrote:

> I'm shopping for car insurance for a modified '68
> Camaro I just purchased.  I plan to drive the car
> quite a few miles on the street.  It's worth some
> bucks so I want to insure it properly.
>
> Herein lies the problem:
> - most the classic car insurance companies seem to
> limit use to 2500-5000 miles a year, and only for
> use going to classic car events or meets
>
> - and most regular insurance does not offer a
> fixed agreed upon value for the car.
>
> Anyone come up with a decent solution for a
> good compramise between the two?
>
> Scott

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
classic.vcf]