Re: Air dam ?s

To: Richard_Tillinger@dresser-rand.com,
Subject: Re: Air dam ?s
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:23:41 EDT
In a message dated 09/10/2001 10:08:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard_Tillinger@Dresser-Rand.com writes:

Dick,

Thanks for this timely information. I believe that what you say reinforces my
statement concerning the SPL310 & 311 cars that are now in Group one. We
consider 1967 to be the year of preparation for Group one. That pretty much
rules out front valence mods and flares. Even Group 3 where the SRL is now
classed there is a similar standard. However, as you stated, the Spook, etc.
are appropriate for these cars almost from the beginning of their
racing.Therefore, I will allow these in Group 3 and probably would put a 1600
with this type device there rather than Group 8 which includes later but
faster cars. It is really a case by case situation.

Jack Woehrle