Re: more tracks

To: "Steven Smith" <smithspeedway@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: more tracks
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:53:07 -0600
Steven Smith wrote:

> Tracks currently posted in the album:
>
> Road Atlanta, Daytona International Speedway, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course,
> Texas Motor Speedway, Watkins Glen  NY,  Latimore Valley Speedway,  Sears
> Point - Sonoma,  CA,  Portland International Raceway,  Walt Disney World
> Speedway,  Bridgehampton, NY,  Seattle International Raceway, Claremont
> Speedway, NH,

Thanks very much for taking the time to find these maps and make them
available.

Just curious - is there a source for "old" aerial photos? I'd sure like to
have an aerial photo of Riverside Raceway!

I notice that your message was sent to a number of slot-car groups. When I
lived in Riverside back in the '60s, I used to work at a sporty-car shop
called Automech on University Avenue, and one of its attractions was a
two-lane slot car track patterned after the Raceway. Since Automech was used
as a shop by several entrants in the LATimes Sports Car GP every year, we'd
occasionally be treated to the drivers racing each other in miniature on the
slot car track.

Jim Hill
Madison WI

///