Re: Organizing the Alphabet Soup

To: "Dave Franks" <franks@teleport.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Organizing the Alphabet Soup
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 03:37:46 -0500
We also have a Vintage grid at almost all events (Double Nationals and
Double SARRC events make the scheduling difficult) which gives us between 10
and 12 races a year between Homestead, Moroso, Sebring (3 different courses
were used this year) and Daytona.  Our last event of the year will be
December 28-29 when we run as part of the support races for the annual
"Longest Night" 24-hour enduro for IT and SR cars.  This event is getting
larger each year and we look forward to our participation increasing as
well.  Anyone with a "period correct", pre-1973 race car that is interested
in joining us at this event should contact me directly for an entry form.
While you must be an SCCA member in good standing, you can race using a
BMWCCA, PCA or VMC-member organization competition license by special
arrangement (also done through me).  Our Program stresses sportsmanship
above competition but this in no way makes it an "exhibition touring" event;
there is always plenty of close, clean racing to go around.

We'd love to see some of our "Northern (or Western) Brothers/Sisters" pay us
a visit and permit us to extend some "Southern Hospitality" at some of our
winter races.  More information about our program can be found at the
website below.  I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you
might have - sorry, I have no subscription information or pricing for the
upcoming "ThickoVision Spectacular" (spectacle?)...

*8o)

John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA