a snug helmet?

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: a snug helmet?
From: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 03:31:56 -0500
my simpson voyager fits rather snugly.  i have never had a chance to try a
bell on as i have always worn a simpson since the late 70's.  my biggest
problem is with a balaclava that i find it hard to get my glasses into the
eye port of both the helmet and the balaclava and over my ears properly.
the cheek pads are very snug (as all the padding in the helmet )and have not
yielded at all.  i was led to believe that they might "give" some over time
but they have not.  i tend to be one of the first with my helmet on upon the
grid as i tend to try to avoid any one minute warning pannic trying to get
my gear all on in time.  i like to have a few minutes to sit and feel
comfortable with my gear and helmet before going out on course.   this may
sound funny to some but i truly hate the last minute rush in the car and
find myself fiddling with the shoulder harness for a secure feeling as cars
are pulling out in front of me and having to deal with my glasses too.
after all, what was it B.S.levy said while i was out in sunday's race at
VIR? "the the biggest package in the smallest container"....or something
like that.   i need to be comfortable with my "living room couch" before i
go out on course.  peter krause,  you certainly are welcome to take my
oarnge hot rod out for a session but i fear we will need to find some side
padding to keep you from sliding side to side in my frberglass barcolounger
drivers seat.  lol!

chuck.