Re: SCCA Production Car Specs

To: "Rick Snover" <rsnover@toyshop-resto.com>
Subject: Re: SCCA Production Car Specs
From: "Myles Winbigler" <mwinbigler@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:25:23 -0800
Rick,
I don't know if anyone else gave you a response.  We drove south last
Wednesday to race at the CSRG Thunderhill event and just got back this
afternoon.  Anyway,  my memory may be a bit fuzzy, but I believe that the
Q.x numbers referred to the BMC competition part numbers.  I'm not sure
whether those were numbers from the factory or from the BMC Competition
Department in the US.

The original 1962 "G Production" 948 Sprites were either Sebring cars or
Sebring replicas and the disc brakes were special brake calipers and were
produced in limited quantities.  The G Production cars also had the 1  1/4"
SUs.  In 1964 or 65, the H Production cars were permitted front disc brakes
and 1 1/4" SUs, both of which were procured from the standard square body
Spridgets of the time.

Perhaps someone else can shed light as to whether the "Q" number stood for
Kjell Qvale, the San Francisco dealer and initital sponsor of the BMC
Competition Department in the US under the direction of Joe Huffaker Sr.

Myles Winbigler
Mad Mollusk Racing