Re: Racing sims

To: John.Desantis@inficon.com
Subject: Re: Racing sims
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:46:40 -0600
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:50:45 -0500 John.Desantis@inficon.com writes:
>      This time of year with no track time to be had my fancy turns
> racing sims.
> About a year ago I saw a bit in Grassroots Motorsports on a new sim
> specifically for road
> racers that included many of the current tracks we know and love.
> It was
> not available
> at the time, has anyone run across this sim or something like I
> described?

The only decent one I'm aware of that has current tracks is Sports Car
GT.  There is a whole subculture on the web that is dedicated to creating
tracks and cars for it (including some vintage).  Standard tracks include
Lime Rock and Laguna Seca, amongst others.  Tracks created by enthusiasts
include just about any track you could name.  Here's just one link to get
you started http://home.freeuk.net/jrknight/scgt/index.htm.  You can also
get some info at www.speedsims.com.

There is something called World Sports Cars that has been in process for
a long time, but I don't know the status.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer