Re: New to Weber Carbs

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New to Weber Carbs
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:22:38 -0500
The Haynes manual is pretty good, but you have to be prepared to really
think about what's going on inside of those things - the basics are easy,
the details are hard!  I hope that you can use most of what you've got
inside of those carbs, I found out the hard way that changing chokes,
emulsion tubes, jets, air correctors, idle jets, pump jets, etc, to bring a
cheap used carb in line with what I needed was not inexpensive.  When you
buy (at least when I buy from my supplier) a new carb, you get to specify
your starting point, which would hopefully at least be close to what you
actually need!

BTW, ask questions here - there's lots of guys who have spent time fussing
over webers on this forum

Brian

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  Yet another person who has their mailer set to just
automatically include everything in the reply.  mjb.]