Mini Spares Center adjustable belt timing setup for A series

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini Spares Center adjustable belt timing setup for A series
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:41:37 -0800 (PST)
If you don't have one of these, you can skip the rest of this message.

I've got one on the 1380 in our street Morris. It has a "vent port"
that I blocked, because I didn't have a convenient place to run
the vent.

I'm now chasing crankcase overpressure (leading to oil leaks) and
wondering if it's worth hooking this up to something. I pulled out
the bolt I blocked it with, there's indeed a hole leading to ... somewhere.

The question is - where? It doesn't appear that it could really
lead to the main crankcase, since the front engine plate directly
in the path of the hole seems to be hanging out in the air.

Is it just venting the belt area? If so, why is this useful?

Thanks,
chris