Re: Yet another dumb A series question

To: Brock.D.Dittrick@jci.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yet another dumb A series question
From: "Marcel Chichak"<chichm@telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:05:38 GMT
>My question is, can I use the 1275 head with my 948, with the 1275 valves,
>without doing modifications to the 948 block???

Short answer: yes. As long as you figger you can do the block pocketing in place
then you can fit the head. The big difference is the bore centres, but the
studs,
coolant passages and pushrods are all the same. You'll probably want to put
the extra studs in as well but since pocketing the block in place doesn't scare
you drilling some stud holes shouldn't be a problem.

Keep in mind that the port volumes on those heads are very large compared to
the wee straw sucker you're taking off so expect a significant loss of
tractablity
down low in the rev range.