Re: [MGVR] Re: Choice of wheels

To: MGVR@yahoogroups.com, Tombread@aol.com, brian@uunet.ca
Subject: Re: [MGVR] Re: Choice of wheels
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:49:47 EST
In a message dated 29/11/01 11:23:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mgvrmark@hotmail.com writes:

> We have had a
> couple of instances of sudden/complete/catastophic wheel separation with
> the
> factory disc wheels.

Yup - I tore the centre completely out of a TR-6 rim on the rear of my MGA in
1973 at Portland, exiting backward off the back straight.

Last time I ran steel wheels until I retrofitted OEM Twincam wheels for
vintage in the 90s (ran aluminum and magnesium in between). Fortunately, the
Twincam wheels seem to be much stronger than the crap they put on the pushrod
cars.

Bill