Re: "Competition Press & Auto Week"

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Competition Press & Auto Week"
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 15:31:20 -0500
I can't help you with that issue of "Competition Press" but you made me think of
another motoring publication which is no longer with us; "Sports Car Digest".
This was a really obscure newsletter-type publication which stated as its aim:
"For More Intriguing Motoring".  It was published in Odessa, Texas by John
Jerome and A Hardcastle and ran for 30 issues ending in February 1962 with a
circulation of some 6 thousand per month.

I have kept the last issue because of the fine spirit they indicated as they
faced financial reality and ceased operation.

The final front page headline read:

"SPORTS CAR DIGEST FLUSHED"

Subtitle:

"WORLD PULLS THE CHAIN"