CAR TRANSPORT??

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: CAR TRANSPORT??
From: Gonridn2@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:20:12 EDT
Help, I'm looking for ideas, hopefully affordable ones.  I'm negotiating to
purchase a Datsun Roadster vintage racecar, it comes with it's own open
2-axle trailer, and enough spares to fill the bed of a fullsize pickup.  The
car is in NY, I'm in Arizona.  40 hours and 2300 miles one way.  I offered to
meet 1/2 way but the owner currently doesn't have a truck, I'm short on time
for a week long roadtrip.  Transport companies won't touch the trailer and
spares, one way truck rentals (Ryder, U-haul) don't want you towing
non-rental trailers, besides they have welded on 2" balls, the trailer uses 2
5/16".  Besides oneway rental is in the $1500 range on a $8000 car.  The
trucks available so far that they will let you tow their rental trailers with
are the midsize 15' trucks.
Looking for ideas/suggestions.  Thanks, Troy    gonridn2@aol.com