W32Klez Virus seems to be rampant on this list

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: W32Klez Virus seems to be rampant on this list
From: "Pat Ryan" <pat@prismacars.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:31:59 -0500
I have gotten this virus at least 8 times in the last week.  Mostly from
this list.  Norton Anti-Virus seems to catch it, but it was sent at
least one time from my address.  Even got one that said it was from Carl
Jensen.

Are others having similar problems?  What happens when you open one of
the attachments?

If you are on this list and don't have virus protection the W32klez.H@mm
virus is probably resident in your computer.  You can read about it and
get a removal tool at:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.ht
ml

Beware though, one of the infected emails I got claimed the attachment
was designed to remove the klez virus.  Clever, but I didn't fall for
it.

If you don't even trust the link above, you can navigate to it from the
Symantec.com home page.  Damn, another one came in while I was typing
this message.

Pat Ryan