Re: W32Klez Virus seems to be rampant on this list

To: "Pat Ryan" <pat@prismacars.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: W32Klez Virus seems to be rampant on this list
From: <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:24:29 -0700
Having been a victim of the KLEZ virus in a rare, radical form, I can feel
for you Pat. Lord knows, it drove me crazy for a while. A close friend who
owns a computer store directed me to E-Trust. I've added the URL below. You
can subscribe to it over the internet amd download the software. The service
I have costs $19.95 and let me tell you: IT WORKS! According to Jasmin (the
computer store owner) this is what Microsoft uses.

Any time anything comes into your computer that it hits on as a potential
virus it STOPS, right now(!!), flashes warning messages at you, and makes
YOU either accept or reject the data before proceeding.

E-Trust averages an update every couple days (sometimes as often as twice a
day), so they are really on top of things. I now run a virus check every
other day, and nothing has gotten past E-Trust since I put it in my system.

I hope this is of benefit to you out there. 4 months since I installed it
and no problems.
    Carl

https://www1.my-etrust.com/services/ipe_support

Subject: W32Klez Virus seems to be rampant on this list