The Last Chevron

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Last Chevron
From: "Rick Yocum" <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:14:46 -0700
A friend who has helped me on the Nova from time to time has had, for many
years, a monocoque tub sitting in the back of his shop (and other
pieces-parts spread around three buildings).  We both knew what it was but I
never approached him about his intentions regarding the car.  It is the
Chevron B51, the last car the Chevron factory ever produced.  It was to be
campaigned by the Newman/Freeman team and was tested by EFR and shipped back
to England for modifications.  (See "Chevron, The Derek Bennet Story, page
243.) From that point its history gets extremely interesting.

My friend, in the midst of accumulating some properties in the Northern Ohio
area, said he would entertain an offer on the car.  Quite frankly, at my
age, I have no business being behind the wheel of a Can-Am car, and I don't
dislike any family member enough to place him/her behind the wheel of a
CanAm car I would prepare.  The price is in the upper five-figure arena.

If anyone is interested, write me off-line (rickyocum@earthlink.net), and
I'll fill you in on the car.

Rick Yocum
Nova TransAm