Re: Carillo SPS-CARR rod bolts for sale

To: samandgreg@netins.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carillo SPS-CARR rod bolts for sale
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:00:33 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/02 5:23:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
samandgreg@netins.net writes:

> >Carrillo said that the SPS-CARR rod bolts NEVER need replacing unless you
> >over-stretch them on install.  My 3/8 SPS-CARR are .005 to 007 stretch so
> >I am OK.
> >
> >BTW, I think they said replacements are $40.00+ each!
> >
> >Just an FYI
> >
> >Greg Scharnberg
> >82 Ralt RT5
> >95 Citation SF
> >70 Sonett
> >65 Mustang GT

> >> anyone
> >>
> >>Not using new bolts in a rebuild may lead to this sort of failure --
> they're
> >>stretch bolts, and Carillo says "new bolts every time". Some people ignore
> >>that, to their peril.

Wether you should replace them is up to you. I have found they are difficult
to source when you need them in a hurry. I lost one a while back so I ordered
spares. Now I no longer need them.

I have 11 brand new in the packing sleeves
(SPS-CARR,  5/16-24 x 1.823")
Fit BMC A-series rods.

$250.00 shipped within USA

Jack Woehrle