SCCA VINTAGE RACING Camaro

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SCCA VINTAGE RACING Camaro
From: roger <rfrancis@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:12:42 -0400
I want to build a 71 Camaro to race in the Vintage class in the SCCA. I
have the car and drivetrain but I am not sure what I can do to it
performance-wise and keep it legal.  I want to build it to Trans-am
specs that were in effect in 1971. Where can I find info on these cars?
What I am looking for are changes I can make, some for safety, some for
performance. Does the engine have to be built from factory parts or can
I add an aftermarket intake that was available in 71? What about the
exhaust, it is straight pipes or do I need mufflers? Can I add a modern
foam fuel cell and fire system? Can I add 4-wheels disk brakes and
aftermarket calipers/rotors?

If anyone can point me in the right direction or if you are running a
vintage camaro or vette, let me know.
Thanks,
Roger