Re: What is this car?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is this car?
From: Marc Sayer <marc@gracieland.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:43:14 -0700
PaceCars@aol.com
  > writes:
  >
  > << The body is a Zink Z-10 FF or Z-11 (?) FSV. The body is not
original to
  > the
  >  chassis. You might want to post a shot of the chassis with the body
off so
  >  the FV guys can see it better.
  >  Harold Pace >>
  >

  > was thinkin the same thing...what area of the country is it?...could
be Z-9
  > if that is alm under the upper section?

Just wanted to follow up on this and thank folks for the help. As far as
we could tell this is likely a FF Zink that was converted to FV. Yes I
know, but what can you do? :-) The attachment of the front suspension is
less than elegant. And the entire rear chassis from the rollbar back
unbolts and comes off as a unit, engine, transaxle and all. I have
posted a few shots of the chassis for anyone who cares. You can find
them at:

http://gracieland.org/ta/001.jpg
http://gracieland.org/ta/002.jpg
http://gracieland.org/ta/003.jpg

I bought it, and I will be picking it up in a few weeks. The owner did
take it to a SoCal vintage event recently to show it to the vintage FV
guys and see what they thought of it, and was told they thought it was a
home built. They told him it would be legal in their group if the front
bodywork were altered, but I guess they didn't think much of it. I will
be modifying it to suit my large build, and I will address some other
issues too, like the front suspension attachment. It may never amount to
much of a car, and as big as I am it likely will never be competitive
with me in it, but it looks like it will be fun to fool with. And the
guy knew what he had wasn't much, so the price was very persuasive. So
now I will have two race cars I have neither the time nor the money to
work on. :-)

--
Marc Sayer
Journalist, Photographer, Dog Trainer (APDT member #062956)

Passions -
Great Danes, auto racing and fast cars, my wife

Dogs -
Gracie, Tank, Delilah, PJ, & the rescue dogs

Cars -
82 280ZX Turbo, 71 510 Trans Am vintage racer, 93 Ford E150 Tow/dog van

My Homepage - http://gracieland.org

Deaf Dane Rescue Homepge - http://gracieland.org/DaneRescue/

Any Dane at the races is a Great Dane!