RE: Wetting down Nomex - Or Play Golf??

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wetting down Nomex - Or Play Golf??
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:11:17 EDT
Tony and all:

OK, I'm starting to be convinced that there is a serious risk of being
steamed like a lobster in a bad racing fire if wet.  Thus, wet Nomex is
probably not a good thing for a fire situation.

On the other hand, I believe many of us old racing farts are at a much higher
probability of risk of having a heat-related medical problem over a fire.  I
think I'll take my chances on steam burns over heat stroke (which I HAVE
experienced at Riverside on a July4th weekend once).

This sport is all about balancing and overcoming risks....I guess otherwise
we'd all be playing golf!!

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128