Lime Rock Fall Vintage Festival

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock Fall Vintage Festival
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:12:31 -0400
AnalogMike had a good time at Lime Rock.  Well, I thought it was okay.  But,
I could have had a better time than I did.

It began with the lack of communication from California.  And, with no one
at Lime Rock knowing what was going on.  The requirement that  applications
be submitted by June 1, I think left a lot of people cold too.  It was
waived however.

The race groups were ridiculous.  Grouping by year instead of by performance
was asking for trouble.  Fortunately at least 2 of us with slower cars who
were assigned to Group 6 were moved to Group 5.  But, then so were the
Ferraris.  There were 4 of them in the group.  Although none were raced "con
brio," it was pretty damn intimidating to be side-by-side with a car valued
at 8 figures & hoping you could get past without over driving & having an
incident.

While I applaud Steve Earle's desire to have us out there "just having fun,"
there were still too many who were pushing the envelope.  And, I heard more
than a few people say, "Bring back Charlie Gibson."

The spectator crowd was great on Saturday.  But, back to its recent low
levels again on Monday.  I'm sure the weather was a factor (again).  But,
who's to know?

Norm Sippel
MGB - raced on Monday, drove to work on Tuesday.  Now, almost fully
"streeterized" again.