Second Round on the Dyno for the new motor...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Second Round on the Dyno for the new motor...
From: "David R. Mapes" <dmapes@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:55:23 -0500
Hi Craig,

        Here are the basic spec's for the new
motor, its built for driving to Solo II/Open
track events and running in CP.  No real secrets
just a really detail oriented shop, and a really
good set of heads for the application:

        "Stroked" 289 Windsor (4.03" bore X 3"
        stroke = 306  ci)

        CNC ported Canfeild Aluminum Heads. 2.08"
        Intake/1.6" Exhaust valves
        Out-of-the-box flow:(@ 28" of Water):
           Valve Lift  Intake CFM    Exhaust CFM
           0.10"       61.82         57.33
           0.20"      126.31        103.58
           0.30"      185.46        150.46
           0.40"      234.38        178.97
           0.50"      260.62        192.27
           0.60"      280.64        199.24
           0.70"      293.54        202.09
           0.80"      308.66        203.36

        10.85:1 Static Compression

        4340 Steel Lightweight Eagle Crank (43 Lbs. Before
        balancing, which required removal of nearly 0.25"
        from the OD of each counterweight).

        17 LBS Aluminum Flywheel

        4340 Steel Eagle Connecting Rods

        Wisco Forged Pistons

        Cam (Mech/Flat Tapet):
                   Intake    Exhaust
           Lift:   0.541"    0.522"
           Duration (Advertized):
                   2880      2840
           Duration (@ 0.050" lift):
                   2420      2460

       Canton Main Cap Stud Girdle & Windage Tray
       Canton 9 Quart Road Race Oil Pan
       Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap Intake
       Holley 780 CFM Vacuum Secondary Carb
       Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust with 2 chamber Flowmaster
       Mufflers
       Hooker Headers: 1.75" Primary tube, 3" Collectors.