Smokey's autobiography

To: "VintageRaceList" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smokey's autobiography
From: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:03:40 -0500
Just finished the painful process of listening to six hours of Smokey's "Sex,
Lies, and SuperSpeedways".

If John DeLorean was really Smokey's friend, as he claims, he should have paid
a professional to read the thing on to the CD. The constant monotone will put
you to sleep if you listen for more than ten minutes at a time. There are a
few good stories in there but if you take out the foul language and the women
in Smokey's life there is almost nothing left. I had really hoped for some
real insight into clever cheating that goes on in Nascar. There are a few
stories but it seems that those guys will cover up for each other until they
are all in their graves. I am sure that Smokey had some good info on the
things Gary Nelson did but they are still a secret!

Any one else out there read this thing? (by the way the coffee that came with
it is really bad and the cup has his web site on it. not very nostalgic)

SuperDave
Morgan 4/4